1 To use measures of dispersion to obtain reliable information about data analysis.
2 To interpret the meaning of measures of dispersion in data analysis.
Mark true (T) or false (F) in the following statements:
1. Range is the difference between the largest piece of data and the lowest piece of data. FalseTrue
2. The measures of dispersion help us know the central values of the sample. TrueFalse
II. Select the correct answer for the following sentences.
3. The measures of dispersion are: Mean, median and mode.Mean, variance, and standard deviation.Range, variance and standard deviation.Range, mean and variance.
4. If Benjamin's grades are 3.5, 3.8, 3.6, 4.9 and 5, the average and standard deviation of his grades are: 0.43 and 4.20.73 and 4.24.2 and 0.734.2 and 0.42
Juan's grades in statistics are 4.1, 4.3, 3.8, 3.5, 3.9, 3.7 and Teresa's are 4.5, 2.8, 4.6, 4.9, 5, 2.4
Fill in the blanks using the information above:
5. The student with the best average in statistics is TeresaJuan.
6. The student with the most consistent grades is TeresaJuan.
Previous pageNext page